- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with specifiers such as engineers, architects, designers, to ensure that Beghelli Emergency Lighting and Lighting products are specified on projects.
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting Beghelli in front of a technical audience.
- Assist sales team with pre and post tender information.
- Register specifications and share information with colleagues and sales agents.
- Follow pricing structure outlined by the company.
- Create Emergency Lighting and Lighting designs and seek opportunities to specify Beghelli products.
- Identify and contact new specifiers establishing and growing business relationship.
- Introduce new Emergency Lighting and Lighting products using samples and demonstrations.
- Participate in trade shows and assist colleagues with presentations.
- Keep informed of products and new technologies through internal training, external courses, etc.
- Report to sales and marketing management on market trends, new competitive products and any issues.
- Knowledge of project closing process.
- Knowledge of Controls/Building Automation Systems.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Some travel required (Canada, USA and Europe).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sales experience in the electrical industry.
- Comfortable presenting to an audience (Example: product training / presentations)
- Track record of success in business to business sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, email).
- Electrical knowledge is an asset.
- University or College graduate in Business, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Lighting Knowledge – IES / LC Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with CAD is an asset
- Proficiency with AGI32 is an asset
- Interpersonal skills, team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills and ability to multitask a must
- 5-10 years sales experience.